Dogs are always considered to be the “man’s best friend”. Dogs are undoubtedly one of the most loyal and intelligent animals on earth. This is the reason why dogs are considered the first choice as pets for humans. Around 350 breeds of dogs are known to exist in the world as of now. Even in India, most of the pets and watchdogs are of foreign breeds. Here in this article we are gonna introduce the top 10 best dog breeds for families in India and those who can easily accommodate in the Indian climate.
The Best Dog Breeds suitable for Indian Families and Indian Climate
The Labrador Retriever
- It is one of the most preferred breeds of dogs for Indians.
- They are smart and loving.
- They are the first choice for a great family dog.
- It is a large-sized dog.
- They have a life span of around 10 – 14 years
- Labradors are an agile, gentle, kind, and very intelligent breed.
- These dogs are of a very sporting and energetic nature.
- These dogs are blessed with strong back legs & good stamina which makes them the most suitable for the Indian climate.
- They have a soft mouth which makes them good carriers.
- They are better learners than the rest of the dogs, making them a good choice as a pet.
- Their extreme physical activity also makes them vulnerable to various health issues like elbows & joint problems.
- The breed is considered to be one of the most intelligent.
- German Shepherds are smart and intuitive.
- They are mostly used as guard dogs in police and military services.
- They are again large-sized dogs with a brave look.
- Their life expectancy is about 9 – 13 years
- They are well known for their loyalty and obedience.
- They are also very courageous.
- They are better trained in the puppy stage as they could become dangerous at a later stage.
- They are of a very ferocious nature.
- Their strength makes them suitable for any kind of Indian terrain.
- Beagles are known to be the best friend of kids.
- They are the most fun-loving and energetic breed.
- These are majorly good for the families where there are kids.
- They are generally small-sized dogs.
- Their life expectancy ranges from 12 to 15 years.
- They are a good example of a determined breed.
- These dogs are very excitable and amiable.
- These come under the category of the most gentle hounds.
- They have the best ability for picking up the scent of someone or something which makes them curious at times.
- As the name suggests, it is known as a high-energy dog.
- It is very well-known for its strength and agility.
- Boxers make good watchdogs for families.
- They always show patience and playfulness toward children.
- They also respond aggressively to anything that threatens their loved ones.
- They are large-sized with approximately 70-80 pounds of weight of a fully grown.
- They have a shorter span of life of about 10 – 12 years
- It is a very devoted kind of breed that is always loyal to its owner.
- They are laborious and extremely energetic which are very much suitable for large Indian families.
- Pugs are known for their peculiar physical features.
- These are the most likable dogs in India.
- It is playful and affectionate with children.
- It is one of the smallest breeds of dogs.
- Their life expectancy varies from 12 to 15 years.
- Despite being small they are very smart, docile, and clever.
- They are very charming and adorable.
- Since these are an Asian breed so they are very much adaptable to the Indian climate.
- Only, avoid taking them to humid places as it will cause them breathing problems.
- This breed of dogs is Intelligent, loyal, and strong.
- Their strength makes them a good choice for guard dogs.
- They are mostly employed in police and military services.
- Their life expectancy is only 8 – 10 years.
- Their major qualities are steadiness, alertness, courage, and obedience.
- They are an all-time active breed of dogs thus most suitable for Indian families.
- This breed of dog is mainly known for its agility, speed, and intelligence.
- Provided well training, they can be really socially-oriented and loving.
- Their life span is 10 to 13 years.
- They are most commonly used by the police for their ferocious nature.
- They also have a strong-smelling sensation which makes them very helpful.
- They are a fearless and alert breed of dogs.
- This breed is popular for its confident and energetic lifestyle.
- These are the cutest and the most active breeds of dogs.
- They are playful and amiable.
- Pomeranians are the best buddies for kids and girls.
- Because of their active nature, they used to roam around everywhere.
- You can easily see them as apart of many Indian movies.
- They soon become a lovable member of any family.
- Their furry skin makes them suitable for any type of Indian climate.
- They have the longest life expectancy of up to 16 years.
- They are very intelligent and friendly.
- It is a unique dog breed known for black spots on a white body.
- They are smart, playful, and active.
- Normally they are available in medium size but, you can find a few very large sizes in India itself.
- They are very sensitive and energetic.
- They are of a non-sporting nature.
- You can say they are the kind of bit-lazy breeds.
- Their expected life is between 10 – 13 years.
- This is one of the most intelligent and the most popular household dog breeds in India.
- It is very attractive and cute.
- Many people confused them for the Pomeranian dog breed.
- These are also small in size but larger than the Pomeranian dog breed.
- They are very kind, intelligent, and active.
- They have an athletic body.
- Their approximate age is 10 – 14 years
- They can be brought up in general all types of climates in India.
These were the top 10 dogs suitable for the Indian climate. You could opt for any of these dogs to be your loving pet. So, by reading this article, you will surely get help to decide the best dog for being a part of their families.